81/365 Psychedelic Smarties!



The term psychedelic is derived from the Greek words ψυχή (psyche, "soul") and δηλον (deloun, "to manifest"), translating to "soul-manifesting". A psychedelic experience is characterized by the perception of aspects of one's mind previously unknown, or by the creative exuberance of the mind liberated from its ostensibly ordinary fetters. Psychedelic states are an array of experiences elicited by various techniques, including sensory stimulation, sensory deprivation as well as by psychedelic substances. Such experiences include hallucinations, changes of perception, synesthesia, altered states of awareness, mystical states, and occasionally states resembling psychosis. Or so says Wikipedia, and I just thought they were Smarties having fun in Photoshop! The “aspect of my mind” I have been dealing with today, but which is sadly NOT unknown to me, is that irritating state of mind, where I am simultaneously lethargic / bored / fed up AND restless / irritable and desperate for something to do! “Inconsolable” is the word that has been used to describe me in this state before, and I have to agree! In the end I gave myself a right good talking to, and got down to some cooking and washing and photograph sorting. *phew*

4 comments:

  1. I of course now wish my weekend had been more uneventful...

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is true, and just shows you, it's a hard balance to achieve!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Isn't it funny how you can feel two diametrically opposing emotions at the same time? I often get like that. And I love the psychedelic smarties! Very cool pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Bradi! ahh i am glad i am not the only one who gets like this! I honestly get on my own nerves so much sometimes, i end up having these internal arguments "i'm bored!" Well DO something then!" "i dont want to!" its like my inner 2 year old i think!! :)

    ReplyDelete