250/365 More Leaves


I am not one of those photographers who thinks using editing software is "cheating" my view is that digital photography is a whole world away from the old days of film, and to not use all the tools  available to your advantage is cutting your nose off for no real reason. I mean if you were going to be that purist about it, surely changing ISO mid shoot is "cheating" as is using flash etc. Photographers have always done what they can to make the finished shot look the picture they had in their mind when they took it, now we just have more techniques and tools available to help. I have been putting a toe in the water re the editing tools I use, and while there isn't always a place for extreme effects like this one, sometimes they really do "make" the shot, and who can argue with that? (Lots of people I am sure!! *grin*)

1 comment:

  1. I think the use of the effect is brilliant as it doesn't overshadow the content and the effect is striking drawing me the viewer into the picture :)

    ReplyDelete