252/365 Depth of Field


Really pleased with this one! It came out exactly as I wanted, with the focus just in the front third of the frame, tailing off into soft focus with the vanishing point of the lines of the bricks. No editing at all on this one! Although as I explained in a previous post, I am not against post production editing, I think it can make a lazy photographer, as it can encourage you to think less about getting the composition, exposure and depth of field correct in the camera, knowing you can "tweak" it after. But there is always a sacrifice in quality with any kind of editing, and if you can get as close as you can in camera, you get a much crisper and more natural shot I feel, plus of course it pushes you as a photographer to always learn and up your game.

No comments:

Post a Comment