259/365 Heirloom


About 4 years ago, I had a break in at my house one night (while I was out thank goodness) They were the most polite and tidy burglars ever, as they knew exactly what they wanted and just went straight for my jewellery box. Which would have been bad enough at any time, but I had only a few months before taken custody of all my Mum's lovely jewellery, some wonderful gold pieces she had collected over the years, and presents my Dad had given her, and I was so enjoying wearing them, not just because that kind of 70's jewellery was back in fashion again, but because of the sentimental value and the connection through the generations. So I was totally gutted to have that stolen, and although we got the money back, nothing can replace the pieces themselves. So imagine how happy I was when my Mum gave me this one piece that hadn't made it's way over to my house, a pendant my Dad had given her before I was born! It's HEAVY! and solid silver, and the chain is actually a solid silver chain my Mum gave me for passing my 12+ exams when I was 11 years old, so it's a great mix of her and my Dad's history, mine and ours together! Currently I can hardly bear to take it off, if it didn't weigh a ton I would wear it 24/7 but I think it would pin me to my pillow if I did!!

1 comment:

  1. Can't believe it's 4 years since the break in... Lovely post and stunning pendant :)

    ReplyDelete