318/365 Craft project



Another paper project this one for my lovely boyfriend! He is a classic cut nut (mainly Ford Sierra XR4x4's since you ask... oh you didn't ask?? :) ) and often uses odd scraps of paper to work out his next project costs and timelines, which sometimes end up getting lost, so I thought I would make him a custom designed "Project Book" so that he could keep it all in one place. I found some old style pen and ink drawings of the Sierra engine online and printed a load out along with some "Ford" font lettering and some graphics of Ford logo's through out history and spray glued them to a plain ruled notebook I found online. I deliberately over sprayed glue in some areas to create little watermark patterns, to fit in with the retro styling (well at least that's my story, the fact that I also got glue all over my leggings is another matter) I then covered the whole front and back with plastic sticky laminate so it's a "workshop friendly" wipe clean finish! I think he liked it! But he he says its "too nice" to use in the garage! which kind of defeats my purpose! I will have to go and scribble all over the first page and thus it won't be quite as nice any more and thus be ready for some hard use! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment