29/365 Ice Skating at the Museum








After we had checked out a few exhibits we went for a skate on the beautiful Christmas ice rink in the museum grounds. It's been about 20 years since I last attempted to skate and I was scared! But I finally managed to let go of the side and have a few laps! It was HILARIOUS, the mix of fear, adrenalin and laughter was quite a mix! I gave up after about 15 minutes, but my husband kept on for the whole hour! It was awesome! We are now looking for other outside rinks, which luckily seem to be the in thing in the UK in winter now, so watch this space for more skating action! We finished off with some gingerbread lattes, hot apple cider and syrup waffles in the cafe overlooking the rink, it was such a magical, romantic, festive day!

1 comment:

  1. Looks lovely, but ice skating and the potential for losing a finger is not for me :)

    ReplyDelete