25/365 - XR's


My better half is a member of the Ford XR Car Club (XROC) They meet regularly and attend car shows throughout the summer. It was a scary new world for me initially, this first of the year meet up in Cosford RAF Museum near Birmingham, which was my first induction this time last year to the crazy all encompassing world of classic cars, was a revelation into just how MUCH it was possible to say about an engine, and for how long!!! :) However my complete ignorance of cars aside, they are a great group of people, who made and continue to make me feel very at home and part of their XR family from day one, and over the winter months i have actually been missing them! Its also a chance to get outside away from the everyday grind, for a day out and forget all about work, which is a necessity! This is my shot of the better half's best friend, Darren's new XR, against the backdrop of one of the RAF hangars. I am pretty pleased with it, having studied the professionals set up in the car magazines and tried hard to replicate it. I don't know what it was about Darren's car, it must have good vibes, as it seemed to be a magnet to people looking and taking photos and he even had a guy come up to talk to him in a petrol station on the way home! I think he should start charging per view ;)

2 comments:

  1. I am beginning to think I have the wrong car... :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. well you do have a Ford, so you are all good really! :)

    ReplyDelete