107/365 I love cake.....


....but cake doesn't often love me... i am wheat intolerant and so can hardly ever buy cake anywhere *sad face* But while on holiday recently I was shocked / amazed / delighted (see photo above for documentary evidence) to find a cafe selling gluten free Lemon Polenta cake. Moments after scoffing it (which in itself took scant seconds) I thought to myself "I must find this recipe and bake it, as the Wise Owl is my witness (yes still on the Owl trip!) i will make it so!" (or words to that effect) Fast forward 2 weeks and.....



Why buy polenta? When you can have fun making your own? At 64p for this huge pack I can eat my own body weight in cake for less than the cost of a Mars Bar - result!



Lots of lemons...



And almonds....mmmmmmmm almonds, I am such a sucker for anything "almondy" whether thats Bakewell tarts, Frangelico, roasted almonds, marzipan.. yum yum and yum I say!



Rough up those lemons a bit and squeeze them (not so) gently.



Cream up the butter and sugar - clearly this is a great diet recipe... erm....



Lovely fresh free range eggs.







Ta daaaaaaaaa! Bit of lemon icing on top and hurrah Bob is indeed Your Uncle, as we say here in the UK! I give you....wait for it...... CAKE!


Could you imagine someone so greedy they swipe the broken bits falling off the cake while taking it out of the tin, sweeping them into a bowl and eating them while sipping a coffee for breakfast!!?? I mean surely no one is desperate enough for some long awaited cake to do that......?

2 comments:

  1. Good work on the cake and the picture recipe, but almonds are the devil's food!! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha turns out Rysz thinks the same too!

    ReplyDelete