138/365 No threat to Nigella Lawson JUST YET!



It's my boyfriend's Dad's birthday tomorrow, so I thought I would "surprise" him with a home baked victoria sponge cake..... now I am not an expert on cakes, but I am pretty sure this isn't exactly what it's supposed to look like...*grin* and equally sure if i turned up at with this tomorrow night he would indeed be VERY surprised!! The clue lies in the top photo if you look closely you can see the missing link in the top of the weighing scales... flour! I hear this is of some importance in a cake. I mean REALLY! I know I have worked from 6am to 6pm today with no break, but have I really lost my brain entirely?? It would appear so! After 30 mins of scraping and scouring these tins, and then the oven too, I think the "net net" is a trip to Sainsbury's tomorrow lunchtime for a proper cake! I did laugh though when i opened the oven door.. in fact I still am smiling! I'd take that over a cake anyday!

3 comments:

  1. still laughing at myself and its 2 hours later, as is my mum, my boyfriend, his mum, his dad - i give the gift of laughter!!! not cake! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. More breaks at work = nice floured up cakes :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are a wise man oh Master :) :)

    ReplyDelete