139/365 Surprise discovery photo!


I have lots of photos from this special night from a few different peoples cameras, but this is one that turned up about a year after, and it's my favourite! It was a huge work event to recognise people for achieving certain goals, and this particular year I was the number one person doing my job role in the world, so I had a bit of a clean sweep of different awards, including this one I am holding which I love! Because both it means alot to me in terms of achievement, and also it's not a company made piece of "glassware" but a piece of Steuben crystal which is pretty luxurious and special and has pride of place on my desk. I learned as I walked into the event which was held at The Royal Courts of Justice in London that I would have a special speech and announcement made about me after the meal and have to go up on stage in front of a thousand or so people to collect in. I immediatly had an overwhelming desire to drink the entire tables contingent of wine to calm my nerves, and a simultaneous realisation that that, combined with a strapless cocktail dress and 6 inch heels may be my very undoing... And so I did the sensible thing (for once) and stayed sober and quietly nervously hysterical for the entire meal. The wonderful Boyfriend was AS EVER a rock, and calmed me down, made sure my dress was secured (after it kept randomly unzipping itself for no reason and thus threatening to make me walk up on stage topless!) and was just generally a soothing voice of balance and strength to me (this is generally a daily task for him - I can be / usually am  - what can only be described as "fiesty" haha) So once I had been up there and collected this I got back to my table safely without tripping and sat down to a HUGE glass of wine and I think you can see the relief in my face! I am a contrary bint, I both LOVE to be recognised and get SO nervous and self conscious as well! But looking back now I just remember the feeling of happiness that I had achieved the award, and more importantly that I had someone so absolutely amazing in my life to share it all with :) xxx

2 comments:

  1. An inspiring post! The last line sums it up perfectly :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't call my beautiful girlfriend a bint! Hehe xxx

    ReplyDelete