152/365 Lillies


All that rain has paid off and finally they are in bloom! My Mum bought me these for my first bachelorette pad about 10 years ago and I have had them ever since! They have to be the lazy gardeners ideal plant, all you do is put them in a sunny place, water them when you remember and they burst into these miraculous flowers! Then once they have finished you leave them in the sun with all the green leaves on for the plant to build up the reserves it needs in the bulb to see it through the winter. Eventually the leaves fall off in the autumn, and the stems dry up, and you gently twist them and pull them out, leaving just the bulb under the soil. Then I stick them in a sheltered place at the side of my house and simply get them out again in Spring! And they do the whole thing all over again, every year for 10 years! Can't get better ROI (Return on Investment) than THAT! x

1 comment: