360/365 Northern lights and LOVE!







Day two was a huge 420km trek to Akureyri  - the capital of the North, took about 5 hours across some REALLY snowy terrain, so we were both pretty shattered when we got here, and were ready for an early night, when we looked out our hotel window and saw this AMAZING northern lights show! So all thoughts of sleep gone and we rushed out camera and tripod in hand to shoot them - my first attempt and I am really pleased!

What could top that you ask? Well turning around to see my boyfriend on one knee asking me to marry him is what! :) Amazing wonderful night, I will never forget! So now for the rest of our holiday as a Mister and Mrs to be! Woooooooooooooo hoooooooooooo!

PS The last shot is of a really amazing heart that someone has made out of lights on the mountains across the fjord from the hotel, it is MASSIVE and must be the size of a field. Like someone knew it was going to be a special night for us! :)

2 comments: