361/365 Waterfalls, geysirs and sunsets over lakes


We started the day  with a very snowy and sometimes hairy drive from Akureyri to Godafoss waterfall (we only had to stop and dig ourselves out once... :)






Then onto Hverir an area of huge geothermal activity, bubbling mud pools and spouting geysirs, the water was at 80 - 100 degrees!





 Past a geothermal plant with its aqua blue outpourings.



And after about 400km we reached our amazing hotel on the edge of a frozen lake.




And in case you are wondering what my engagement ring looks like....




Its a HUGE aquamarine set in rose gold with a white gold setting, designed by Rysz and handmade by his wonderful friends Toby & Emma! Just Stunning! I am NEVER taking it off!!



Sunset over the lake, this is the view from our room.

Then on to the MOST amazing dinner I have had in years! Lobster soup and fillet steak from the very farm we were staying on! This is my practising my "Oh have you just noticed my HUGE engagement ring!?!?" face! ;)



And Rysz looking gorgeous!


He drew me a love heart on the window to find the next morning! Cute!! :)







2 comments: