Processing fun




I edit all my photos in Picasa - I have tried other photo software and I know that there is SO much more available in the likes of Photoshop. But being a purist as I am, I like to try to get the effect I have in mind in the camera only using post processing as a last resort or for the odd tweak here and there. And for that Picasa is awesome! recently they launched two new pages of photo effects, and even I was tempted to have a play around with them! I choose some fun fair photos, as being good subjects both for colours and graphic lines, and choose a few effects to try out. So the top one is the original, middle is "1960's" I like this one, it totally does remind me of my old 110 cartridge cameras I had in the late 70's and the fact that the colour was a bit muted and favoured yellows and reds, it makes it kind of nostalgic for me! And the scalloped edges are a nice touch! The bottom one is more extreme: "heat map" is the effect, and I like it for the way it turns it into a really graphic poster type print effect. Fun! 

3 comments:

  1. The middle shot gets my vote :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me too! I just set it as my desktop background! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah it's awesome! The last is very 60s too, psychedelic baby!

    ReplyDelete