37/365 Wedding Memories - Evening Reception















 After lunch we sent the guests on an outside tour of the vineyard by train in the autumn sunshine (very cold at the elevated part of the estate I heard - sorry guests!!!) While they were doing this we went to check into the adorable onsite Farmhouse B&B, and to have an hour of chill time before the evening kicked off!! We met everyone after their tour back in the Garden Room (where we had had the ceremony earlier) for hot tea, coffee and wedding cake! We sat around and chatted while the room was transformed ready for the evening reception. We had about another 70 guests for the evening, and we danced the night away to a live band, stopping for a drink or two and some delicious food of course! I was worried about the first dance! Being the centre of attention is so not me, but actually it was wonderful! We danced to Etta James' "At Last" and then finished with my husband dancing with his Grandma, and me with my Dad... awwww! The last photo is of me and my best friend TJ, this was about midnight, and I think we are both looking pretty fresh after what was a long and emotional day! He was staying in the B&B along with my new in laws - so we all met up the next morning in the conservatory for a full English Breakfast while watching the sun streak the vineyards in gold and a wood pecker hunted for food in the lawn. It was a perfect day, so much more perfect than I could ever have imagined! Hubby and I spent weeks afterwards remembering little things that had happened or people had said, and each set of photos we got back from people gave a different set of reminders of the day, and we are STILL loving calling each other "My Husband" and "My Wife" :) But I guess it has only been a month so we are allowed !? :)



1 comment: