59/365 Sunshine and gratitude (again!)


This is the prism of light cast on my living room wall from the crystals i have hanging in the window. The sun is SO strong today, i am trying to sunbathe in the garden (with those foil flags waving about and STILL no grass but lots of dried up seed - starting to loose hope there!) But it's so very hot, I have to keep coming inside to cool down, and the UK Government has published a SMOG warning for England and Wales due to the heat affecting the ozone levels cased by pollution....erm is it still April!? Did i fall asleep and wake up in August!?!? And the gratitude bit, well i am just feeling it today, it strikes me how little i need to be really happy, my wonderful boyfriend, friends and family, health and sunshine, alot of the time we only really put things into perspective in our lives when something goes wrong, and you realise what you had before. Sometimes it's good to take stock of everything you do have in your life and be grateful. To understand what it is that really brings you the most happiness, as opposed to what you might inadvertently think does, or what other people tell you should make you happy.As my list on the right hand side shows, for me, most of what makes me happiest is free and abundantly available, and so i feel pretty blessed, and everyday at some point i am grateful for something or someone, and when i am being a completely irrational cow (sometimes / often?) i try to give myself a verbal slap about the head and remind myself of this fact :) (but sometimes it doesn't work, and i have to give myself a right telling off!)

1 comment:

  1. I roasted at cricket big time today, unbelievable for April in the UK. But I won't be moaning as I much prefer the heat to wearing thermals in Winter :o)

    ReplyDelete